Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island

 

Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island

Blount Island Command

Jacksonville, Florida
Mission
As the hub of the Marine Corps’ prepositioning programs, Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island serves as the home of Blount Island Command and its worldwide mission supporting Fleet Marine Forces. Blount Island Command's Marines, sailors, civilians, and defense contractor partners are proud of our relationship with Marine warfighters and are singularly dedicated to providing them with the best combat-ready equipment and supplies in the world.

 

Leaders

Colonel Michael J. Livingston
Commanding Officer, Blount Island Command & Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island
VIEW BIO

First Sergeant Ian S. Gragg
Senior Enlisted Advisor, Blount Island Command & Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island
VIEW BIO
Hurricane Preparedness

All,

Tuesday marks the first day of hurricane season (1 June - 30 Nov).

NOAA is predicting an above-normal 2021 Atlantic hurricane season. The outlook predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. Note: This year’s prediction is similar to last year’s prediction and last year was a record breaking hurricane season.

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is forecasting a likely range of 13 to 20 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 5 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher).

It only takes one storm to make it a bad year so now is the time to get prepared at work and at home.

As with every hurricane season, the need to be prepared is critically important because continuing to conduct the preventive measures to keep you safe from COVID-19 may impact the disaster preparedness plan you have in place, including what is in your go-kit, evacuation routes, shelters, and more.

Below are some links to information to help you get prepared for hurricane season.

Duval County Emergency Preparedness Guide: http://www.coj.net/departments/fire-and-rescue/docs/emergency-preparedness/get-ready/jaxready-emergency-preparedness-guide-2019-final.aspx

Ready Marines: https://www.ready.marines.mil

MCSF BI Website: https://www.bic.marines.mil/

*** Sharepoint: MCSF BI Destructive Weather Handbook/DW Checklist 2021: https://bicsp/sites/MCSF-BI/MissionAssurance/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsites%2FMCSF%2DBI%2FMissionAssurance%2FShared%20Documents%2FDestructive%20Weather%20Handbook%20and%20Checklist&FolderCTID=0x012000FA7955245637E94B956FE46605F5D4C2&View=%7B509503AF%2D8A34%2D4CAF%2DA35B%2D3319B038AF1B%7D

It is important to remember that destructive weather can happen very quickly, especially in Florida.

****Please ensure that all equipment that can be damaged or turned into a missile hazard during strong winds be secured before leaving work each day.

Announcements
Current Health Protection Condition

What does HPCON Bravo mean? What do you need to know during HPCON Bravo? Read this information paper from Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune for the details.

 








Veterans Crisis Line



 Online Victims - Get Help Now

 
Online Victims - Get Help Now