Unit HomeResourcesDoing Business with BICmd
Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island


Marine Corps Support Facility Blount Island

Blount Island Command

Jacksonville, Florida
Doing Business with BICmd

Points of contact for doing business with United States Marine Corps, Blount Island Command:

Contract Support Management Office
Attention: Contracting Officer (Code 902)

Blount Island Command
Jacksonville, FL 32226

Phone & Email:

904-696-5170 michael.s.anderson@usmc.mil 

904-696-5195 calvin.caldwell@usmc.mil



Identify your product or service Federal Supply Classification (FSC) code at code. https://public.logisticsinformationservice.dla.mil/H2/search.aspx

Many government product/service listings and future procurements are organized by codes from FSC or the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). http://www.census.gov/epcd/www/naics.html


Obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number.  Call the DUNS number self-request line at 866-705-5711 or complete your request from the website at Dun & Bradstreet. http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform/displayHomePage.do


Register in the System for Award Management (SAM).  In order to do business with the Marine Corps you must first be registered in SAM.  https://beta.sam.gov 


Obtain a Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) Code.  Upon registration in SAM, your company will be assigned a CAGE Code. Once your registration is active you may view your CAGE Code by searching the active registrations at https://www.dla.mil/DoingBusinessWithDLA/BusinessOperations/


Obtain a North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Standards Code.  NAICS codes classify the type of products or services your firm may offer.   


Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN).  An EIN is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business.    



Register in Online Representations and Certifications Application (Beta.Sam.gov).  The offeror has completed the annual representations and certifications electronically in SAM website accessed through https://beta.sam.gov . After reviewing the SAM information, the offeror verifies by submission of the offer that the representations and certifications currently posted electronically that apply to this solicitation as indicated in paragraph (c) of this provision have been entered or updated within the last 12 months, are current, accurate, complete, and applicable to this solicitation (including the business size standard applicable to the NAICS code referenced for this solicitation), as of the date of this offer and are incorporated in this offer by reference (see FAR 4.1201); except for the changes identified below [offeror to insert changes, identifying change by clause number, title, date]. These amended representation(s) and/or certification(s) are also incorporated in this offer and are current, accurate, and complete as of the date of this offer.


Register in Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF).  WAWF is a secure web-based system for electronic invoicing, receipt and acceptance of goods and services for the Department of Defense (DoD).  WAWF is embedded in the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE). While registration in WAWF is not required prior to award of a contract, a contract award includes the condition that the vendor will register and utilize WAWF for invoicing, receipt and acceptance.  https://piee.eb.mil/xhtml/unauth/home/login.xhtml


Identify the Marine Corps contracting activity that purchases your product or service.  Our Small Business Specialist is Terry Whitaker; (229) 639-6709 or terry.l.whitaker@usmc.mil.


Identify current and future procurement opportunities.

Federal Business Opportunities https://beta.sam.gov and                                                     

SeaPort-e  https://vendornxg.seaport.navy.mil/1/Authentication/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f


Consider a Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contract. Contact the General Services Administration (GSA) http://www.gsa.gov/ for information on how to obtain a FSS contract.


Review Small Business programs.  Small Business Administration http://www.sba.gov/         

DoD Office of Small Business Programs https://business.defense.gov/                                    

DoN Office of Small Business Programs https://donosbp.navylive.dodlive.mil/


Explore subcontracting opportunities at Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Subcontracting for Small Business  https://business.defense.gov/Acquisition/Subcontracting/Subcontracting-For-Small-Business/


Additional assistance provided at Small Business Administration  http://www.sba.gov

Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) http://www.aptac-us.org/new/index.php

Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)  http://www.score.org/index.html              

Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) https://www.acquisition.gov/browse/index/far             

Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) https://www.acquisition.gov/dfars                    

Navy/Marine Corps ARS (NMCARS)  https://www.acquisition.gov/nmcars


Respond to inquiries from Field Contracting Offices. Once you are registered in the applicable systems, a Contracting Officer might contact you to obtain information. This is called "Market Research", which is outlined in procurement regulations. The information gained during that pre-solicitation communication is invaluable to the Contracting Officer in determining the proper path of a particular procurement. However, do not assume that because your company is contacted during "Market Research" that your company will be awarded a contract.

NOTE: If anyone representing the Marine Corps calls your company and requests delivery of a product or requests some effort expended toward a service, ASK the person on the phone whether they are a warranted Contracting Officer! Do not assume that the person has the authority to bind the government. A warranted Contracting Officer acting within the scope of his/her authority will be able to provide you a valid contract/purchase order number. If you do not receive such a number, the person on the other end of the phone may be committing an "unauthorized commitment" and there is the possibility you will not be reimbursed paid for your time, product and/or service.  If in doubt, use the POC’s information provided at the top of this webpage.



Veterans Crisis Line