2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season (1 Jun - 30 Nov)

3 Jun 2022 | Installation Emergency Manager Marine Corps Blount Island Command



Tomorrow marks the first day of hurricane season (1 June - 30 Nov).


NOAA is predicting an above-average 2022 Atlantic hurricane season. The outlook predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season.


NOAA's Climate Prediction Center is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher).


Remember,  it only takes one storm to make it a bad year so now is the time to get prepared at work and at home.


Below are some links to information to help you get prepared for hurricane season.


Duval County Emergency Preparedness Guide:


Ready Marines:


*** Sharepoint: MCSF BI Destructive Weather Handbook/DW Checklist 2022: https://bicsp/sites/MCSF-BI/MissionAssurance/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsites%2FMCSF%2DBI%2FMissionAssurance%2FShared%20Documents%2FDestructive%20Weather%20Handbook%20and%20Checklist&FolderCTID=0x012000FA7955245637E94B956FE46605F5D4C2&View=%7B509503AF%2D8A34%2D4CAF%2DA35B%2D3319B038AF1B%7D



It is important to remember that destructive weather can happen very quickly, especially in Florida.


****Please ensure that all equipment that can be damaged or turned into a missile hazard during strong winds be secured before leaving work each day. 


Be Prepared and Be Safe

Unit News Archive